Saturday, February 6, 2010

Separation Anxiety


I am having separation anxiety...for the near future. My oldest daughter is finishing up her last year of high school, and looking on toward college. Even though it is a possibility that she will still live at home for a while, I can't help but feel like things are changing too quickly. Where did the last 18 years go? It seems like only yesterday she was my toe-headed little girl who would ask for 'ogurt to eat, watch Beauty and the Beast, and sleep with 'Dolly'.

I can't help but to look at her now, my very precious daughter and good friend, on the cusp of really finding herself. She knows so much more than I did at her age. She has always been an old soul, even before she was potty trained. I know she is a bit nervous starting this new chapter of her life and feeling like she has to be an adult. Little does she know that you always seem to be starting a new chapter. And reaching adulthood, doesn't necessarily mean that you stop learning, or going through trials....unfortunately. I will always be there for her, along with her Dad, sister and aunts, uncles and cousins. She will never know how much she means to me and how very proud of her I am. Don't forget that you are never alone!!

"A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart."

~Author Unknown

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was such a beautiful post! It brought tears to my eyes! Everything is so true... how fast they grow.